E.J. Rudsdale Talk

I will be giving a talk as part of the Chelmsford Ideas Festival on E.J. Rudsdale's Journals, entitled 'Creating History: A Civilian's Experience of the Second World War in Essex' on Thursday 30th October from 7.30-9.00pm at Anglia Ruskin University. Tickets are free. Book your ticket here. Many thanks, Catherine Pearson

5th August 1940

Began work at Sherbourne Mill today. There did not seem very much to do, but I amused myself successfully. The mare was alright, and seemed to have settled a bit. Unfortunately, being so green, and having been turned out for more than a year, she galled badly on both sides underneath, but I dressed the places with some Cooper’s lotion.

I had lunch and tea at the Mill, all the butter and cream you could eat, and home made bread, made from corn grown on the farm and ground in a little hand mill.

No comments: