1st June 1941

I did not feel very sleepy last night, and so at one o’clock this morning I rang up George’s wife Maisie, and asked she and her sister Betty to come over to the Castle to drink tea. They had been to a dance, and had only just arrived home, in fact shortly before, when I was patrolling the roof. I could hear them saying goodnight to the soldiers who brought them back. Canadians it sounded like. They came over in the most glorious dance-frocks, and stayed about half an hour.

Cold and windy today. Maura B. came down to the Mill and helped me clearing up in the field. Talked about her going to Wales. I envy her.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm so glad I found this blog. Those Canadians can be so charming...

E J Rudsdale said...

Hi Steph,
Thanks for your lovely comments - so pleased you are enjoying EJR's blog. CP